The Catholic Lawyers Guild's Repack Session at the Greater Chicago Food Depository
Saturday, August 26th, 2017
8:30 a.m. to 11:15 a.m.
Greater Chicago Food Depository
4100 W Ann Lurie Pl.,
Chicago, IL 60632
To RSVP, please e-mail Brendan Dailey at: email@example.com
Description of Duties: The Greater Chicago Food Depository regularly needs volunteers to help with repacking donated food and other products. The repack session is a great introduction to the Greater Chicago Food Depository, the work we do here, and the need that we see in Cook County. A lot of the food we receive at our warehouse comes in bulk quantities and volunteers are scheduled to help us break it down into more manageable sizes. In a repack session you might be sorting produce, looking over a shipment of bread, or repacking bulk dry goods (cereal, pasta, rice) into smaller quantities. Together, we can properly and efficiently distribute quality food to participating food pantries, soup kitchens and shelters in Cook County.
· Projects: Volunteers must be able to stand for up to 90 minutes while doing some light lifting and bending. Some seated positions are available depending on project. Lockers with locks are available on site, but please note that we are a tobacco-free and weapons-free campus.
· Punctuality: Please encourage your volunteers to plan on arriving at least ten minutes before the start of the session, so we can begin punctually. Once production is underway in the warehouse, we are not able to add late comers to the projects.
· Dress Code: Long pants, covered shoulders, and enclosed shoes are required to work in the warehouse.
· Jewelry: Some projects will require all jewelry to be removed. No visible facial piercing jewelry, other than in the ears, is allowed.
· Minimum age: Volunteers must be 14 years old. Volunteers 14 or 15 years old must be accompanied by an adult over the age of 18.